MAC ERROR CODE 998 IN OUTLOOK
Some Mac users have encountered an error while using the Outlook application recently. The Outlook error code 998 is encountered by many Mac users when they try to send any emails with large attachments. The entire error message appears as follows: “An unknown error has occurred in Outlook: Mail could not be sent. Error Code: 998.” If you’re also encountering the same error, then you have reached the right page to resolve it.
To resolve the Outlook Mac error code 998, perform the simple methods given below one-by-one until the error gets cleared.
METHOD 1: UPDATE THE OUTLOOK APPLICATION
Sometimes running an outdated Outlook application may also cause this error code. Update the Outlook application by following the below instructions.
- Initially, make sure that your Mac computer is connected to the Internet.
- Now, launch the Outlook application if it is closed.
- Open the Help dialog box.
- Locate and click on the Check for Updates option.
- Now, if an update is available for the Outlook application, it will be initiated shortly.
- Wait for the application update to complete.
- Once it is done, try to send an email message with a large attachment.
- If the composed email is sent to the recipient successfully, it means the Outlook Mac error code 998 is resolved.
- Otherwise, perform the next method given below to resolve the error.
METHOD 2: CLEAR THE OUTLOOK CACHE FOR MAC
- Connect your Mac computer to the Exchange server. Select the Exchange folder for which you want to clear the cache and right-click on it.
- Click the Properties option, followed by the General tab.
- Now, locate and click on the Empty Cache button.
- Check whether the Outlook error code is cleared by sending a test email. If the error remains unresolved, then perform the following method.
METHOD 3: ENABLE LOGGING IN OUTLOOK FOR MAC
The following instructions are suitable only for Outlook 2016.
- Select the Sync Errors menu in the main window of the Outlook application.
- Click on the Gear icon.
- Check whether the Turn on logging for troubleshooting option is selected. If not, select it and click OK.
- Now, relaunch the Outlook application.
METHOD 4: TRY ANOTHER NETWORK
- Check whether you encounter the Outlook Mac error code 998 while using a particular network.
- To check it, connect your Mac computer to another network and try to send the email message.
- If your composed email is delivered to the recipient successfully, then the problem is with your network.
- Resolve it by contacting your ISP.
METHOD 5: DISABLE THE ANTIVIRUS OR SECURITY SOFTWARE
Sometimes, the antivirus or security software installed on your computer may also cause these kinds of errors. Disable the antivirus or firewall that is installed on your computer temporarily and then try to send the email.
Contact us if you need remote assistance in resolving the Outlook Mac error code 998.